Finance Fiasco


We had a dinnertime discussion on Sunday about finances that was pretty entertaining…

My husband and I follow the advice from Dave Ramsey and do the envelope system, paying for everything possible with cash. The kids have watched and been a part of the monthly budgeting and envelope sorting here and there.

So we asked them, “What have you learned from watching us?”

Nicole jumped in first with, “saving!”

Kai looked confused. “uhhh, I don’t know.”

“Is this a guessing game? Because I’m not good at guessing games!” Leave it to Natalie to start the silliness.

“You put the money in envelopes so the robbers don’t know it’s there? That way if they try to rob you they don’t know where the money is.” Kai was pretty confident in this answer.

From there it went downhill and turned into displays of humorous robberies.
I shouted above all their laughter and charades some important basics, but I’m not sure they heard.  

Nicole wins the prize this round!

No comments: