Funny Farm

Life is kinda nuts anyway, but throw in a bunch of animals and things can get downright loony. 


We welcomed a new animal into our home... a Great Dane! It's like having a small horse in our house. haha  

He has been a great addition so far though.

(bath time)

Right after he came home the kids were jumping on Jeremy and he shouted, "Dog Pile!" Nicole looked perplexed and said, "I don't think Gus would like that!"



(Natalie snuggling and feeding Gus grass ice cream cones)


 We were eating bread with dinner one night and Kai and Natalie were telling us how much they like bread. Nicole said, I really like bread!" Then she swung around in her chair, looked over at Gus and said, "How about you Gus?!"


(I can't forget Kai's pet snake named Ronald)

Kai's snake eats live mice. The first time we fed him we weren't sure we should tell Natalie, she is so sensitive about pets. I told her what would happen and she wanted to watch. She commentated the whole event and entertained all of us:

"What a cute mouse! I'll name her Mimi. Ahh she's sniffing around. Oh look they kissed! They are in love! Oooh he's hugging her! Oh wait... that's not love! Her eye is bleeding. Eww he's eating her. That's awesome!"
She was being silly, but she thought the whole thing was pretty cool. She loves to watch him eat now. 

 (The pet who thinks he runs the house - Sylvester. And in a way he does.)



One day I was kicking Sylvester out of the kitchen so we could eat lunch (literally. I was shooing him out with my feet since my hands were clean). Natalie watched me chase him for a few minutes and finally said matter- of- factly, "Mom, you didn't have a lot of pets growing up did you?"

"Actually I did! Lots. And I was just like you when I was your age."

"I feel sorry for them," she said glaring at me.


Some of Jeremy's loving nicknames for this feline include: wretched animal, horrible creature, dumb cat, etc. Deep down he does love him, but this thing has destroyed and torn off chunks of weatherstripping off the doors while whining to get back in at 3am. He really does rule the roost. 


What are your favorite kid/pet interactions? Share a story in the comments.


No comments: