Extraordinary Female Artist - Yuna







I came across Yuna after listening to the "The Croods" sound track. She sings with Owl City on the song Shine Your Own Way. I liked that song and the sound of her voice so much I did some searching for more music from her.

This female singer is rising in popularity in the US right now. It's no wonder, she has an amazing blend of style and culture in her music with a very rich, smooth voice. She is a singer-songwriter from Malaysia, and she's just beautiful to listen to.

Some of my favorites from her include:
Mermaid
Live Your Life
Rescue (from her newest album)

Below is a statement from her website. Go check her out, you won't be sorry!

"I don't really like the idea of putting myself in any category now," she concludes. "But as a pop artist, I feel like it's easy for me to maneuver from one thing to another and try different things. To me, it's all just music, and if you have good lyrics and good melodies and good production, people won't care what you call it. I think that people are looking for music that's real and honest and that they can relate to emotionally. I think we've created that with Nocturnal. The whole project was a challenge for me, but I'm very happy with the way it turned out."





No comments: