Two Female Music Artists- One you've heard, One You Haven't

Here are two female artists I love and have to share with you all

First is Cœur de pirate
I happened across this artist by serendipity a few years back on itunes and fell in love. She is a French pop artist and although I don’t speak French, I get it. Music has that mystical quality… you don’t need to hear or understand the words in order to feel the purpose and emotion of the song. I’m a fan of her more soulful, quiet tracks. She exposes a very softness in her tone and in her speech; it’s very soothing and comforting. And her beautiful piano tracks bring with it a dreamy nostalgia.

Her two albums are both a little older, so the songs are cheaper. Here’s some of my favorite songs:
Comme des enfants
Fondu au noir
Corbeau
Francis
C’etait salement romantique
Place de la republique
La petite mort


Go check her out, I promise you won’t be disappointed!
Here is her website if you’re interested:



Next up is Lorde
She only has one major song playing on the radio and it’s sad, she is an amazing artist. If you need a subtle dose of ego, self -confidence and realism, she’s your gal. She is down to earth and real as real in her lyrics. It’s not prettied up for anyone and you can tell she doesn’t care much what others think. Her confidence goes beyond the music and her beautiful magnetic voice is empowering.
Here’s a few of my favorites:
Team
Glory and Gore
A World Alone

Her website is genius, take a peek!
http://www.lorde.co.nz



No comments: