Natalie's Getting Baptized

The official un-vailing of Natalie's Baptism Dress, handmade by yours truly! Really I owe all the success to my mother, who washed, ironed, cut out all the fabric, and then went over each pattern instruction until I understood all of it. Thank you mom!! For not having sewn in about 6 years I was relieved it turned out so well. Phew! Then as if that wasn't enough work, I promised I would make one for her doll too.

Natalie is so excited for her baptism and loves the dress, but possibly loves her doll's a little more because it's miniature. I can't believe she is 8 already! And it's killing me how much she looks like me at this age in these pictures with her hair all curled.








Silly girl!







She really wanted to be done. From this point on I had a hard time getting a face without pouting or tongue sticking out. Quite the jokester that one is. I'll pull out this picture when she whines about how long it takes to do bridals someday!









I told her to close her eyes, so she was trying to make her doll do it too. Stinker. Then she continued to have her "wink" at me. 




Afterwards I promised the kids that if they were good they could photobomb each other. I also bribed with candy. Overall it was a great success! 

No comments: